December 01, 2016

Styling Winter Prints


Finally December 1st has rolled around and it's now socially acceptable to watch Elf again.. but apart from Elf and the other wonders of the Christmas holidays, December also brings the famous blogger ritual - "Blogmas" - The challenge of uploading a blogpost every day in the run up to Christmas. This year, for some bizzare reason, I have decided to see if I can rise to the test, so here goes Blogmas numero one.













Since Autumn is saying it's last goodbyes, Winter fashion has been very much on my mind. Lately I've picked up a few new items for my wardrobe and paired them with some good oldies for a Winter fashion fest. 

I think prints are essential for any wardrobe, and they're the perfect cheat escape from a lazy outfit.
Today I chose a plain outfit, keeping everything block coloured then added detail and excitement with prints. This new bag from Topshop has been rocking my world and I cannot get enough of it. I have paired it with a new tartan print scarf also from Topshop to dress the outfit up.

I know prints can sometimes be a little scary and some people find them tacky, but when you let them be the star of the outfit and keep everything else minimum and plain, they really can make you look a million dollars. And don't be scared to mix prints, sometimes this can make for a really out-there and extravagant match, you just have to have the confidence to wear!

Coat - Primark (last Winter, although they're currently stocking a very similar one!)
Turtle Neck - Peacocks
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Peacocks
Bag - Topshop
Hat - Topshop
Scarf - Topshop
Jewellery - Rose Gold collection at Pandora
Lipstick - MAC Chili
Nail Polish (hands - Maybelline 7 Day "Devine Wine) (feet - Rimmel & Rita Ora "Sweet Retreat")





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sara McCloskey. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig